What do you like about your work environment(s)?

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello everyone,

I hope you have had a good week. 

Whether you work in a company office/environment or work from your living room table, perhaps a mix of the two-the space around us is important. A environment that you enjoy being in can greatly impact the amount of time you want to be there for and how you work. 

Inspired by a conversation with a fellow community member earlier in the week @Alex_Muc, I thought I'd start a discussion for us all to share a little more about our work areas. Perhaps your office building has colourful walls or artwork displays, or on your home desk you have a very nice pot plant! 

I'll kick us off, I spend a few days in the office during the week and a few days on my living room table! I find I work differently in both. I enjoy my living room table as I have a room that has lots of light flooding in, but I do have to tidy up the table at the end of the day. My office desk, I have a couple of folks to keep me company...

Droids.jpg

...and if you have ever been to the London Google office you will have seen we are a bit of a fan of pixel art-sticky note style! 😀

It would be great to hear from you, what do you like about your work environment(s)?

It would be great to hear from you, thanks so much,

Lizzie

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_Muc
Level 2.2: Froyo

Hey!

I saw a few photos of the partner event in London on social media. I was not familiar with the Google office in London. After seeing all the Pixel Arts, I thought to myself...

stickynotes.png

Decorating walls is not explicitly allowed, but hopefully nobody should mind a few colorful sticky notes. 😁 Now we just have to think about which wall to decorate next.

20240605_084957.jpg

We also visited the Google stand at a convention in November and received a few Bugdroid stickers. A few of our colleagues happily stuck them around the office. 😄

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

That's awesome 😄

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Love this @Alex_Muc, thank you for sharing. I think it would be hard for your office manager to not think this is an amazing use of the blank wall. 😎

What design are you thinking next? Are you going to keep the Pokémon theme going or branch out to something else? Maybe something in green... 😁

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 14.37.05.png

Alex_Muc
Level 2.2: Froyo

Charizard will probably move into the office building next. 🐲
Maybe there will be a pixel art version of our city emblem too, if I can get it to appear well pixelated. 😃

A quick update: Our gallery has expanded a little. 😄

20240725_075653-01.jpeg

20240725_075644.jpg

  

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Very cool! 

Charmander has always been my favourite Pokemon. 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

These are amazing @Alex_Muc. Wow! This takes me back to my Pokémon gameboy days! 😀

Have you got any more walls you plan to do?