What Was Your First Mobile Phone? 📞

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Ring Ring 📞…. It's time for a trip down memory lane. 🚀

Let's share some nostalgia and chat about our first mobile phones! 📞👶

I’ll start, my first mobile phone was the Nokia 3210. It was passed down from my Mum who upgraded to a Sony Ericsson. Good times! 

How about you? Did you have a customized ringtone? What was your go to feature?. Let us know in the comments.

14 REPLIES 14

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Siemens S55 here 😁

Had a little catalogue of devices to pick from through Dad's then company, and it was a wicked little thing

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Nice! I think remember it having a grey/blue colour to it?. 

jasonbayton

Too right. I was a T9 king back then

maxresdefault.jpg

Moombas

Hi Reece, 

welcome to the community 😉 (was not able/allowed to post in the other topic so i welcome you here instead :P)

My first one was a Siemens C25 Power 😉 gotten to christmas from my godmother without clarification with my parents who haven't been very happy about that 🤣

Moombas_0-1695709994627.png

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Moombas, thank you for the warm welcome! 😀

The Siemens C25...now thats a throwback. What did you upgrade to after this?. 

Reece.

Moombas

Yes, i feel quite old thinking about that and looking back when it was released 😅

Oh, i try to remember but think it following model was a Nokia 3510 or 3310. Not entirely sure about that anymore.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

All great phones, I also had the 3310.  I think I know quite a few people that did at some point. 😅

Moombas

Yes, but in general i miss phones like the Motorola Milestone with slide-out keyboard. I really loved that way more (and still do) as the touch keypads.

jarmo_akkanen
Level 2.0: Eclair

Hey ReeceK,
My first phone was Nokia 2110 back in 1996 and then got new one 1998 which was Nokia 6110. Pretty obvious choices since living here in Finland 😉
thanks
Jarmo

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @jarmo_akkanen 

Wow, fun fact, the Nokia 2110 was the first phone to have the iconic Nokia theme song. 

jasonbayton

They say owning a Nokia is a Suomi right of passage 😁

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great replies here @Moombas@jarmo_akkanen@jasonbayton and @ReeceK

I'm really trying to remember what my first phone was. 🤔 I think it was a Sony Ericsson, I thought I was very cool as I had a personalised dairy milk phone case. Then I think I had a Nokia 3310, which I mainly used to play Snake! Happy days! 

Was anyone else a big fan of playing Snake?

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Abdul
Level 1.5: Cupcake

HTC

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Abdul !

Nice, which model? 😀