Community soft launch: feedback
With all communities and products the period just after it's goes live is a great time to catch any initial feedback including suggestions, bugs, not exactly smart UI...
I've created this dedicated post to make it easier for you to reply and share anything you spot. If you want to have more of a focused conversation perhaps on a suggestion, feel free to start a new conversation in this area too.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and potential bugs 🙂
Signatures are supported which is fab, certainly one of the downsides of tailwind was having to copy out a signature manually for each post if desired (I never did), that said, signatures here are too close to the post content and have no visual separation:
A small amount of CSS allows for better segmentation between content and sig:
They're also very limited on space to just (!) 48px. There's obviously a balance between allowing a line of text and free reign to design a mini-website under each post, so I'm not pushing for anything particularly there, just highlighting it 🙂
Glad you found the feedback section, this is the perfect place for this. Yes, it is nice having the ability to add a signature. In full honesty I think this feature could be greatly enhanced, especially if you aren't great with HTML. I wasn't aware of there being a limit on space, can I just double check what you mean by this?
The way I've created more padding in my signature is to add a line break and with HTML, I've also added a line across so it's totally separated and doesn't look part of the topic or reply message.
Thanks for sharing, do continue to test out things and provide any ideas, it's all really useful.
It seems to be image (<img>) related. Originally I tried a line of text and image underneath and the image was cut off.
After this I put only the image, but if I make the image larger than 48px height it also begins to get cut off. If you inspect element on my sig area you'll see element style showing max height of 48px.
Maybe it's a bug?
Ok gotcha, @jasonbayton I understand now. I'll find out more from the platform team about the parameters of the signature. I think it shouldn't have a limit on it, so I'll find out more.
As a side note and totally separate from what you are trying to find out here, I'm also conscious that the signature doesn't become a place to advertise. So anything in the signature should be beneficial to the spirit of the community.
I'll get back to you on this.
Couple of updates:
1. Signature: there is currently a limit on the signature to 48px, we have a little bit of flexibility here. What would you like to see with this (keeping in mind that we want to prevent this becoming a place to advertise)?
2. Formatting when creating a new topic: I know this wasn't something you mention, but I wanted to say I'm currently looking into the double spacing that is happening when you have a line break (not a problem when you just type, but still larger than it necessarily needs to be). I'll keep you posted on this one!
Ah wicked, good to know it's intentional!
Honestly I've no issue with the size, 48 works OK for mine as you see, it's more there's no padding/margin between the end of a reply and the start of the sig. If a gap or rule could be placed under the post and a bit of logic to only put it there when sigs are configured, it'd work swell.
Just to put my current "2 cents" in here:
I miss the possibility to change to dark mode. For me (and i expect others as well) dark mode is way better for reading etc..
Also a connection to the Android Enterprise Certification would be nice, so even I'm not an "Expert" but a "Professional" or "Associate" would be very nice to be shown if made with the same account used.
A "simple" view (on the first main page) would be nice as well, where (as in the previous community) only headlines are shown for a way better overview instead of those big and less amount of topics shown right now.
I also miss some big MDM's like Soti Mobicontrol in the list of MDM's (was available in the old community) to be chosen or just an "other" field there where you can enter it manually.
Thanks so much, it's great to see this feedback @Moombas. This exactly what I want to hear. 😀
Firstly, it's great to have you here, I'm glad you have made it over to the new community.
1. Dark mode, I'll come back to you on this
2. Thanks for your thoughts on connecting this with the AE Certification. Just to check are you referring to having a way to display the badges/certifications on your community account here?
3. Thanks for your feedback on the view, I think we have presently limited it to preview 2 lines of the post, would you remove the preview then and just have the title?
If so, it would be great to get others feedback on this. What do others think?
4. Thanks for highlighting the missing dropdown, the selection of EMM/MDMs this should be the same as in the Help Community so this might not be showing correctly, I'll look into this. Thanks for flagging.
5. Session time - I'll flag this back to the platform team and see if we can extend this if it is shorter than expected.
Lastly, I also saw your comment about the Product Experts program and how that will work, I am just confirming the logistic on this, but will be sharing an update soon on this, I'll be sure to include you.
Please do keep the feedback coming, I want to make sure this is a great space for you and other members to spend time.
Thanks again, speak soon.
I presume you are referring to the time before the page times out if no activity is shown, therefore you would need to refresh the page before being able to post or interact with posts? When you refresh you are logged in and can carry on or are you experiencing something different?
Very interesting, that's different to what I'm experiencing. Can I check which browser you are using? Also, are you finding this happens on both mobile and desktop? I can share this with the team to check out. Thanks @jasonbayton
Regarding your other questions:
2. : Yes, tried to add a badge (in the signature for example or seperate) also using html to make the image smaler but that kind of HTML code was "not allowed" and just removed.
3. Yes, just having the headlines and instead having way more topics shown. From my personal opinion it's a better overview. Could also be an option to switch between such views if others prefer the current ones.