Cannot install intune

Liehuo
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi everyone,

I am unable to install intune. It runs but pops up a message "Couldn't add your device. Your organization hasnt setup device administration privileges in their tenant. Contact your company support for help." Incident ID is 7SHTMME9.

I spoke to my company's IT department and they said to check with google enterprise on compatibility issue. 

My device is a Lenovo android tablet xiaoxin pad pro 2022. Model is TB138FC.

Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

1st to your question: Your device is not Android recommended....BUT 

2nd: i don't think the error message you see is related. it more likely says that your account has not being enrolled in Intune to be able to enroll it on a device. So on my opinion they need to check where the issue lies.

Liehuo

Thanks for the reply. Intune is running fine on my mobile phone. I am trying to get it on my lenovo android tablet tb138fc but i am unable to.

Timmy
Level 2.0: Eclair

Your organisation have essentially 3 option for Android management when it comes to enrolling devices in to Intune and manage them. Device Administrator is one of them but that's not recommended to use and Microsoft is ending support for that in August of this year. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/android-enroll-device-administrator

Second and most common option is Android Enterprise, this however requires your device to support that management option. From a quick google search this device models does not seem to support Android Enterprise. 

Your IT department need to guide you here on how you should proceed. 

Liehuo

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean that for now, as long as i have a device that is android enterprise recommended like the Xiaomi tab SE, intune will work? 

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

It should work as it got Android Enterprise certified, yes.

But in general in case of BYOD, most devices in private use won't have this certification but should still be able to use it, depending a lot on the oem build correctly by the manufacturer.