Exist Kiosk mode offline

JayTest
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi, I am using Android Management API to develop MDM solution.

The main feature is customization Kiosk launcher and there is a solution in Android Managemen API. It's working very well.

There is a requirement about exiting Kiosk launcher offline.   I think it's the common use case but I cannot find any solution to finish it. (lockTaskAllowed item is deprecated....)

Is there any way to do this?

Note: My production need customization kiosk launcher so the "kioskCustomLauncherEnabled" cannt be used.

5 REPLIES 5

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I am not a developer but in our MDM you can exit (their) kiosk screen by opening a password prompt and entering a password if the device is offline.

JayTest

Could you give me any advice? 

I use the MDM api to set my app as kiosk.
"applications": [
  {
    "packageName": "com.example.kiosk",
    "installType": "FORCE_INSTALLED",
     "defaultPermissionPolicy": "GRANT"
  },

........(other whitelist apps)

]

I try to exit Kiosk mode via calling stopLockTask in my Activity, but it still be launched via "Android Device Policy" immediately.

Thanks

Moombas

As said, I'm not a developer i can just say how they handle it from user perspective.

But when i Google a bit and read thru the android documentation (Apps are listed alphabetical) i think it's an custom kiosk app they provide (as we can decide the order and do a lot more for the layout and so on).

JayTest

You said "our MDM you can exit (their) kiosk screen by opening a password prompt...". Is there any demo video or document?

Thanks

Moombas

For sure there's a documentation but only how to configure it on admin side (not how they made it programmatically of course).

There are also other MDM's which seem be able to do the same, just do a websearch (for ex. "mdm android kiosk mode") and you will find some examples.