Force settings on Dedicated devices during enrollment

LFagni
Level 1.6: Donut

Hello all,

I'm trying to deploy a Dedicated device profile in Microsoft Intune, I created the configuration profiles and the compliance policy with some settings, in specific about PIN creation and complexity, but during the setup users are not asked to enter any PIN, and at the end the device result non-compliant until the PIN is set and is fulfilling the rules I set.

Is there by any chance a way to force the PIN creation request during the enrollment phase as happens for user-associated devices?

Thanks in advance

/Lucius

3 REPLIES 3

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @LFagni 

Welcome to the community, I hope that you are doing well? 

From my understanding I do not believe there is a way to force the creation of a PIN during the enrollment phase for user-associated devices. I will look into this further for you but just wanted to set expectations. 

Thanks,

Reece.

LFagni
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi @ReeceK , all good here, hope the same on your side.
During the enrollment of standard Corporate Device with Work Profile we're asked to protect the device, just after the device registration.

PIN.jpg

and this is fully fine, same happen on Personally Owned Devices with Work Profile and also on Device Administrators (I'm anyhow working for remove them).

Device administrators are not in GZT so I suppose that the PIN request is part of the standard setup of the device, so I do not understand why it's not requested for dedicated devices.

I created a compliance policy too, that require the presence of a PIN protection, but those devices are marked as non-compliant with no real useful indication about the reason for the users, and PIN need to be created manually for make the devices compliant. 

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @LFagni 

Thanks for reaching out and for the insights you provided. I'll do some research and let you know what I find. I'll also pass on this information to my colleagues to see if they have any input.

Your explanation has been really helpful, and I appreciate it. I dont think I have come across this one before. 

Thanks again!

Reece