Help Needed: Notification and Alert Issue with Pub/Sub Configuration

Rajiv-payfinix
Level 1.6: Donut

Dear Android Enterprise Community,

I'm facing an issue that's been giving me quite a headache recently and could use some expert insights to resolve it. I've set up a Pub/Sub system in my project and configured it according to the guidelines. However, I'm encountering problems with notifications and alerts.

Specifically, I'm working with a "lost mode" feature where I send an issue command to put a device in lost mode. The issue command works, and the device goes into lost mode as expected. However, the accompanying alerts and notifications are not reflecting or simply not happening.

Here are a few key points to consider:

- The Pub/Sub system is correctly implemented and configured in my project.
- The device is successfully entering lost mode in response to the command.
- All the required permissions for notifications and alerts have been set.

I've double-checked the documentation, and everything seems to be in order. However, for some reason, the expected notifications and alerts are not being generated. This is crucial for keeping users informed when their devices are in lost mode.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any insights into what might be causing this problem, I would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions.

I've scoured forums and documentation but haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. Your expertise and guidance could make a world of difference in helping me resolve this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to read my query, and I'm looking forward to your responses and any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,
Rajiv Ranjan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

Did you subscribed correctly to both COMMAND and USAGE_LOGS notifications type as explained in the documentation here: https://developers.google.com/android/management/lost-mode#pub-sub-notifications 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jeremy
Level 2.3: Gingerbread

Hello,

Did you subscribed correctly to both COMMAND and USAGE_LOGS notifications type as explained in the documentation here: https://developers.google.com/android/management/lost-mode#pub-sub-notifications