Intune work profile battery drain

Ghctim
Level 1.6: Donut

We have previously done more MAM and are moving to allow users on Android to setup the work profile.  In testing on Pixel 8 running Android 14 QPR we are seeing significant battery drain from the company portal app.  Like so bad that it’s making the devices lag and hot and killing the battery.

did we miss something in the config @jasonbayton maybe you have some insights?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ghctim

this was resolved by a MS update

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

That's wild, no the CP app shouldn't be doing that. It barely made it's presence known on my deployments. 

Can you see anything from logs as to what it's trying to do? Do you have anything configured to mandate it do something?

Are there specific logs I should be looking at?  Like 14% battery drain in an hour.  It’s like the company portal never stops processing policies…

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

CP isn't even doing that. It's Device Policy handling policies. 

You can pull a bug report to ascertain what it's doing, or perhaps see if logs from CP can be exported directly?

Are you deploying certs? Managed config? I wonder if it's trying to slurp up logging from the device and going wrong.. 

Either way you could raise this as a support request to Microsoft also. 

I'm a user experiencing this battery drain from company portal.  Has anyone opened an official bug report somewhere? Can you link to it?

Ghctim

this was resolved by a MS update