DOOGEE Rugged phone maker Doogee on Android 12

QUIXELO2010
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hello, I have several cell phones from the Chinese brand Doogee and what I can see is that the brand Doogee has not updated its Android operating system for a long time, thus becoming obsolete because it is parked on Android 12 without forecasts for updates to 13 and I would like to know next to Android what can be done related to this case as I am afraid of future compatibility problems so I ask for help from the community and thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

What kind of compatibility problems you think of?

I know of several companies working with devices still on Android 8 without any issuesbecause the used apps etc. are extremely static (for example in warehouses etc.) and only used without internet connection.

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

This'll be something to take up with Doogee support, Google unfortunately doesn't mandate OS version upgrades or longer-term security updates beyond the 18 or so months of the MADA, so if Doogee don't wish to push updates they're not forced to do so.

If you're going to select Android devices, you'd be best advised to look at the Android Enterprise Recommended programme. While still not mandated, devices listed there are more likely to provide longer update and security patch cycles as they're made to declare their EOL &/ EOS.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/enterprise/recommended/