Share me on my android xiaomi

Alion
Level 1.5: Cupcake
  • Hi guys.
  • My share me  app on my xiaomi  android appears frequently on my most frequently apps used but i swear i never use it or even open it.
  • Most of the time followed by maps.
  • And i didnt use maps for a long time.

Am i being haked?

10 REPLIES 10

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Alion 

Thanks for your message! 

Could it be possible that certain apps are running in the background without your knowledge?

Also have you checked your permissions to see if any apps have access to functions or data they shouldn't?

Let me know if you need further assistance!

Thanks, Reece 😊

Alion

There is nothing running in background and also since i ve realised i ve stopped all permision to this app.

But once or twice per day keep appear in most frequently used apps along with maps app. Even tough i didnt use my phone for a long period of time during the day.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Alion 

Thanks for your swift response. 

Is the device a company device or one you purchased yourself?. 

Thanks,

Reece

Alion

Hi. Thank you for your help.

Is purchased by me and is my private phone.

Again thank you.

Alion

Is it possible that my phone is remotely viewed by someone and by share me app access my location and my phone content?

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Alion,

Happy to offer some help! 😊

It's definitely tricky to determine if your device has been compromised without seeing it firsthand.

My advice would be to get in touch with the provider you bought the device from, or visit them if possible. Another option could be to do a factory reset, just make sure to back up your device first.

Hope this info helps!

Reece

Alion

Thank you for your help.

I must say factory reset wont do anything as long as you entered already then you know the device number or even from the phone number.

Marauder or flipper zero will find signal of the phone again.

Thanks.

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hey @Alion 

No problem at all. 

It might be in your best interest to go to the store or manufacturer of the device and ask for support. Its quite a challenge to advice without having the phone to hand, that might be your best bet. 

Please keep me informed with how you get on. 😊

Thanks, 

Reece

Alion

Thank you for all the kind words.

I wonder is there any app that detects this? 

Thank you

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hi @Alion 

Not a bad idea! You could try deleting and reinstalling apps, or just take a look through your apps to see if any seem unfamiliar.

Either way feel free keep me up to date. 😊

Thanks, 

Reece