Trouble accessing certain policies on my android management API

Payfinix-Kiran
Level 1.6: Donut

Hello, I am having trouble accessing certain policies on my android management API since they appear to be unavailable or inaccessible. Although I've looked through the official literature and settings, I haven't been successful in solving the problem.

I'm specifically searching for information on  E-mail,Incoming E-mail , Outgoing E-mail,Exchange Active Sync,Asset tag Information, SCEP, Web shortcuts,Web content filter,Access point name. It appears that access to the availability of this policy through my enterprises policies is restricted.

If someone could give me instructions on how to access or enable this policy, I would be very grateful. Please share your experiences or insights if you have come across something similar.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi there, 

Are you open to sharing your implementation at the moment? At least some of what you're referencing would be handled through managed config within apps themselves, not as a device-level policy. 

Email, all inclusive of what you wrote above for example would be sent down through Gmail, Outlook, or another email application that supports managed config. Restrictions for web would be managed config for Chrome.. etc. 

SCEP (or greater cert management options) is recently-added to AMAPI, and web shortcuts don't exist, rather you'd configure a web app via managed Google Play iFrame.

So it's almost all there, but not necessarily where you'd want to configure it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Hi there, 

Are you open to sharing your implementation at the moment? At least some of what you're referencing would be handled through managed config within apps themselves, not as a device-level policy. 

Email, all inclusive of what you wrote above for example would be sent down through Gmail, Outlook, or another email application that supports managed config. Restrictions for web would be managed config for Chrome.. etc. 

SCEP (or greater cert management options) is recently-added to AMAPI, and web shortcuts don't exist, rather you'd configure a web app via managed Google Play iFrame.

So it's almost all there, but not necessarily where you'd want to configure it. 

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Just @ mentioning you here @Payfinix-Kiran incase you didn't see @jasonbayton's response. 😀

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.