[FIXED] Service Announcement: Available work apps missing in Managed Play Store on device

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Updated 12th October, 2023

Current status: Fix implemented

Issue description: We've received multiple reports that some approved apps are not displayed in the Managed Play store on devices.

Latest update:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for your help to identify the problem. I've been informed by our Engineering Team that a fix has been implemented and those apps not displaying should now be visible. If you experienced this issue, please can I ask you to check if this has been resolved on your side? 

Massive thanks,

Android Enterprise Customer Community Team

Previous update:

Read more

Current status: Under investigation

We've received multiple reports that
 some approved apps are not displayed in the Managed Play store on devices.

Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and actively working on a fix to address this. Unfortunately, they don't have an estimated time for when the issue will be resolved. We will continue to monitor this.

Please comment on this post or if you are a Partner please create a support ticket via the Partner Portal, if you have similar reports or have any questions/feedback.

Thank you for your patience on this.

Android Enterprise Customer Community Team

(Big thanks to @matsm and @TomMuc for reporting this in the community)

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

47 REPLIES 47

Alex_Muc
Level 2.0: Eclair

The fix seems to work. We have not been able to reproduce the problem since Friday. 😀

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great to hear, thanks for all your help with this @Alex_Muc and all the time you have spent testing. 

thomas
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Hi Lizzie

Thanks for the regular updates. We're still experiencing the same behavior in our environment. Is it possible that the issue isn't resolved yet?

We use Microsoft Intune as EMM, we created a ticket and they told us MS is currently resolving the issue with Google.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @thomas

Great to meet you and welcome to the community. Thanks for the update here, I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing this. I think as we have had quite a lot of confirmations from customers on the fix this had been deemed resolved now. 

Having said this, we also have another very similar case that was opened prior to this, experienced by another customer here in the community, @matsm. I was hoping the fix mentioned above, would also fix that issue and it hasn't been the case, so I'm wondering if perhaps it's similar to what you are experiencing. So that I can explore this further, I'll message you privately to get your Intune support ticket number if that's ok, then I can highlight your ticket internally. 

Speak to you soon. Thanks again,

Lizzie

matsm

Hi,

We are still experiencing this issue unfortunately on Intune enrolled devices.

I've had a ticket open with Microsoft for a few months now and they are still working with Google engineers to resolve the issue

Gunot

Hi Lizzie,

We also still expiring the same issues and we have Intune as our EMM, and we also have a ticket open with Microsoft.

Szymon

Hello,

Problem still exist, in Intune I have around 20 apps but in Play Store I see only 3 😞

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Szymon and @Gunot,

Great to meet you both. Thank you for sharing your update here, I really appreciate this.

If you have cleared your cache in your Play store and this is still not working, I imagine that this is the different issue that I mention in my response to Thomas above. Our engineering team are investigating this at the moment and when I have more information I'll share it with you all. 

Thank you again and speak to you soon.

Lizzie

thomas

Hi Lizzie,

Did your find anything for the issue we're experiencing?

Thank you,

Thomas

Gunot

Hi Lizzie, 

When the clear the Play store cache on a device then the Managed Play store updates on the device but you have to clear the cache every time  there is a change in the Managed Play store.

BITOIT

Hi, we are still facing this issue. After a stall with Intune, we tried switching over to Android devices first. Apps approved in the Play Store for Work don't appear. The last app appearing in the Work profile is an app bought in 04/2023, every app after that date is not showing up (the first is 07/2023).

We checked the sync of Intune, which runs without issues, pushing apps as required apps also works, they show up on the devices, but is only a solution for our fully managed devices, as we can configure them with user groups.

When it comes to the COPE or BYOD model, we can't use them, which ultimately forces us to buy them iPhones/iPads, which work.

Is there any channel to contact, as MS can't see any connectivity issues and also adds those apps without problems and approving inside Intune also works like it used to.

Cheers,

Patrick

matsm

Hi, 

I have an ongoing support case with Microsoft and have had so for the past 5-6 months regarding this issue.

Latest update I got was this week where they called to let me once again they are still working together with Google Engineers to resolve this issue. 

So you have a Key Account Manager in Microsoft you could escalate the issue to if the support system keeps dismissing it?

Regards

Mats

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @BITOIT and @matsm for your replies here, I am sorry you are still experiencing this with your apps. 

Patrick, as Mats mentions, if you haven't already could you please report this via Microsoft Intune as they are working with our team to gather more details. It's also good to explore if this is the same issue. 

Our engineers are working on this and continue to investigate this issue. I am continuing to monitor and push for updates, and if you could keep me posted on your side too that would be fantastic. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

Gunot

Hi, Lizzie!

Any updates regarding the issue?

EdShostya

We also experiencing similar issue on our Intune MDM devices. We have case open with Microsoft since August but so far no improvement.  

matsm

Received the following update from Microsoft today:
Finally, some positive news from google, it would seem that they have identified the problem and planning the fix for the same.
Fix is due to rolled out either by 2nd or 3 week or march

Hopefully this is correct and the issue is resolved. I will test this out on a few devices when the fix is implemented

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

So great to see your update here @matsm. Thank you for sharing. I've also seen some movement on the ticket on our side, so I've got my fingers and toes crossed the fix will be in place soon. 😀

Thank you again for your patience on this one. 

Lizzie

P.S - I hope you are having a good start to the year, I can't quite believe it's March already!! 

matsm

Got another e-mail from Microsoft support today stating that the issues should have been resolved in Play Store v40.3.X
I've tested on a newly wiped device that is running Play Store v40.3.28-29
But I'm still not seeing apps. Can't see anything in the Play Store update logs regarding this issue being fixed either

/Mats

timstr
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi @Lizzie and  @matsm ,

Any updates on this issue, either way from Microsoft or Google? Noticing the same behaviour on devices with at least Play Store v. 40.5.30.x

matsm

Microsoft told me it was fixed in both 40.3+ and 40.4+
But I'm now running 40.6.31 and still have the same problem

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Thanks @matsm and @timstr for continuing to provide feedback on this. I hoped the latest update would have helped you both here. I've fed this back to our engineers. I'll also ask them if there is anything else you could provide to help with this. 

Speak to you soon.

Thanks again,

Lizzie

timstr
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi @Lizzie 

Any update on his one?

Thanks for replying.

Kind regards,

Tim

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hey @timstr,

Great to hear from you. I've just sent you a direct message in the community (to access your community inbox, click on the little envelope at the top right of the page).

Thanks,
Lizzie