How to Use Managed Google Play Apps with Intune on a unmanaged Android device ?.
Hi, Greetings to all.
Have you tried the possibility of displaying and installing the Managed google play work apps(Public apps, iframe LOB APPS, iframe Weblink) for an UN-MANAGED Device in an Intune Comp portal situation ?. If so please share your experience and success rate for an LOB Apps workflow.
Hi Jason, thanks for your response. I can understand that "Managed Google account" is mandatory to access the Managed google play. I read this interesting topic in this forum Use Managed Google Play with Intune on a unmanaged Android device – Cloud First (osddeployment.dk). Hence trying to clarify with expert opinion.
I return with news since Mike hasn't chimed in yet 🙂
Did some testing and it does actually appear to be a supported use case, if not one the Google team advertise or talk about.
There is a managed Google Play account provisioned, and it does indeed provide access to the apps in managed Play.
Caveats appear to be -
- No local admin
- No silent install/removal
- Limited reporting
Which I suppose is also MAM in general.
I wouldn't count on this being supported by Google longer term since there's basically nothing about it.. but it could do the job for you today 🙂
- Android management api in General discussions
- operational device used for scanning - but what about those "other" Play Store apps? in General discussions
- Policy update not removing the google apps like Chrome and Gmail in General discussions
- [FIXED] Service Announcement: Available work apps missing in Managed Play Store on device in General discussions
- Gmail "allow_unmanaged_accounts" restriction issue in General discussions