Intune ZT enrollment - No virtual keyboard

Yunchuan
Level 1.6: Donut

Hello,

I have different feedbacks where the virtual keyboard is not appearing at the Intune login page during a ZT enrollment, has anyone experienced the same issue and knows how to fix it please?

Environment:

- Android tablets running Android 13

- COPE mode

- Google Gboard installed and setup as default input method

- Zero Touch enrollment

- After the enrollment start and goes to the Login to Microsoft account step, the virtual keyboard is not appearing when touching the fields

Some leads

- Gboard is not allowed by default and got disabled during the enrollment?

- Non system or protected apps (flags to add in the software?) got removed when starting the enrollment?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I dont sue Intune but have you tried using the DPC "android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":true; in the zero touch config and test again?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Moombas

I dont sue Intune but have you tried using the DPC "android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED":true; in the zero touch config and test again?

Yunchuan

Thanks a lot, it worked!

Moombas

Glad i was able to help but keep in mind that this will activate other system apps as well you may want to block afterwards.

Yunchuan

Indeed, but I guess there is no in between solution to keep only the keyboard app through a DPC extras parameter? I don't have any feedbacks from customers using other EMM solution having the same issue, not sure whether the DPC extras that is generated by most EMM will include this chain by default.

Moombas

This DPC is EMM/MDM undependent (it's Zero-Touch) and if you don't use it, the default value is false.
But we never had issues like that yet. Maybe something related to the OEM in combination with that DPC. I would recommend to get into contact with the manufacturer of your devices.

Yunchuan

Well I'm from the manufacturer 🙂 We only many customers using EMM and Zero Touch, but only customers using Intune are raising this issue

Moombas

Then i recommend that you get in contact with Microsoft to look into this issue.